Followers

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Alternative Medicine... What you need to know

When I landed in California on Monday, I went straight to a place called Health Walk – www.HealthWalk.com. It’s co-owned by Marilyn Tam who has an incredible story as an abandoned girl in China who rose to be the president of Nike, Reebok and Aveda. I met her at The Compass Premier http://TheCompass.tv/iDevAffiliate/idevaffiliate.php?id=118 . She was one of the 4 story tellers in the movie. Her clinic consists of about 15 unique alternative medicine practices from brain mapping to live blood inspection to heat therapy, light therapy, sound therapy, magnetic therapy, supplementation, cooking school, meteorite therapy, etc.



It was a unique place and I spent almost 5 hours there talking to the scientists and Marilyn. None of what they were doing seemed harmful, in fact I was willing to try most any of it. Lying on a magnetic mattress and having different lights (depending on my mood) glow down on me sounded like the perfect prescription. Lying on an inversion table, in a massage chair or putting my drinking water through a positive ph filter all sounded nourishing to me.



I watched the somewhat busy clinic of people come and go. There was a young autstic boy with ADHD whose mother was raving of his grades improving and his increasing in interaction with adults. There was an aboriginal musician who swears his back pain is gone. A nun said the swelling is gone in her limbs. A couple in their 60’s said their migraines were gone and so on. Again, it all seemed harmless enough.



I am writing to caution you about some of alternative therapies. This particular clinic had expert scientist / doctors running the testing and therapies. I think part of the cure is that you need to believe it’s possible. One of the tests was a brain test that could show trauma that occurred at anytime of your life. I did not do that test, but supposively when they identify the time the trauma happened, they can then go back and do voice, sound, heat, light, etc therapy to remove the trauma from your brain and ultimately rid you of mental and physiological ailments.



I prefer alternative treatments to prescription medications almost at all costs. Speaking of costs, some of these treatments are covered by insurance. Many are less invasive than traditional methods. For example, they use a heat scanner to detect cancer. Not only does it not have the radiation of tests like a mammography, but it can detect abnormal cells, years before a mammography can when there are so few abnormal cells that something can be done about it before cancer spreads. Marilyn testifies that years of mammography radiation will cause cancer.



My point in sharing this is that there are many alternatives out there. I get approached each week with at least a half of a dozen different miracle beverages, supplements and devices. Who ever you are considering working with, investigate it carefully. It’s rare I endorse something other than what I share with you (sleep 7 hours a night, eat real wholesome foods in their most raw natural states, exercise moderately to vigorously most days of the week, drink water (and some teas), minimize stress and if you are toxic, detoxify).



Unfortunately there are some hokey things out there. There are also many things you can do on your own – take a long soak in a hot tub, meditate, find out what supplements your body is lacking and take them, laugh often, give back, go for a walk in the woods or by a lake and so on. We only have one short chance in this body so I want you to be your best every possible moment.



When you need help for something that is ailing you or if you want to take your health to the next level, seek help. The more people I speak to, the more I realize how hard it is to find genuine experts without an agenda who have your best interest at heart.



I am not sure if my short incites were helpful, but if you have something you have been doing, taking or have been presented with that you would like me to evaluate, I would be happy to do so. I know there are only so many dollars to go around so in addition to your valuable resources of time and money, I want to make sure you are getting the best thing for your body. Keep an open mind, but they buyer should also beware. Ask yourself if it is the wisest choice before you make an investment.



Enjoy this fabulous day!

No comments: